- Assisting in the origination, processing, and closing of loans.
- Monitors the status of each file and ensures accurate and efficient processing through closing, to include guideline research.
- Reviews files to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Works with internal and external customers.
- Manage day-to-day transactions and relationships with customers and vendors.
- Meet with potential borrowers to analyze financial situation and needs for purchase or refinance and gathers necessary documentation for the loan process.
- Provide necessary documentation to processing and underwriting departments to ensure timely loan closings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent degree.
- Must have working knowledge of mortgage loan documentation and/or loan procedures.
- Minimum of 1 year mortgage broker/banking experience or related experience in business/finance/sales/marketing.
- Understanding of Fannie/Freddie guidelines.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication (both written and oral in English and Spanish), and telephone etiquette skills.
- Must have high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, energetic, with excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and take direction.
- Must possess a working knowledge of computers to include Outlook, MS Word, Excel and Internet. Encompass LOS experience a plus.